Now, this project was by no means hard, considering that Nas has a great catalog of tracks that many would call classic, deep and street. The only minor challenge was to avoid the spontaneous and easy way out by picking all Illmatic, bringing a balance of musical styles (So we don’t end up with all deep tracks or all bangers), and picking songs that would even keep Jerm’s interest. After all this is an EP to introduce the listeners to a wide variety of Nas tracks. I tried to follow a rule that I wouldn’t use the more known tracks and singles that most of us know just to make it a little more challenging (i.e. “N.Y. State of Mind”, “If I Ruled The World”, “Ether”, & “Made You Look”, to name a few).
Bonus: I’m going to go the extra mile, I included 4 more cuts as a bonus, some being personal favorites and some being essential tracks. If you guys catch feelings and don’t like it, ya’ll can eat a dick!
1. Stillmatic (The Intro) (Stillmatic)
2. Get Down (God’s Son)
3. Nas Is Like (I Am…)
4. Represent (Illmatic)
5. Take It In Blood (It Was Written)
6. God Love Us (Nastradamus)
7. N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave And Master) (Untitled)
8. Drunk By Myself (The Lost Tapes)
9. What It Is (The Nigger Tape)
10. Black Republican (feat. Jay-Z) (Hip Hop Is Dead)
11. It Ain’t Hard To Tell (Illmatic) [Bonus]
12. Shootouts (It Was Written) [Bonus]
13. Small World (I Am…) [Bonus]
14. Last Real Nigga Alive (God’s Son) [Bonus]